Thursday 5 May 2011

The very first Dandy-Lion issue . . .

I finished putting together the first of three copies if the Dandy-Lion publication today, the titles took me slightly longer than anticipated to stitch on as I had to cut a lot of them down in size as I had cut the initial squares of fabric slightly too big. The page numbers on the other hand took me no time at all to stitch in place.

At the moment I have left the publication under some heavy books as the paper is still slightly curled from where it has gone through the printer. However I tested the publication with the packaging to check that it all fitted in fine with the fabric wrapped around the outside.

I was initially going to have the fabric wrapped around all sides of the publication, but it looked really messy in the box, so decided to have it the same height as the publication, but twice the width, long enough to fold over and cover the front of the publication, it also allows the reader to easily take the publication out of the box.











No comments:

Post a Comment